Theses and term papers
Themes for term papers and theses
1. The Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA)
- The army in the political process and the state mechanism of the Arab countries;
- "Political contract" and "deliberateness" as principles of the political systems in the Arab countries;
- The influence of the state mechanism on party building in Arab countries;
- Traditional elements in the state mechanism of Arab monarchies;
- The problem of leadership in the political life of the Arab world;
- Tribalism, cronyism and regionalism in the socio-political life of Arab countries;
- Russia in the Middle East and Central Asia: opportunities and limits of cooperation with the countries of the region;
- Authoritarianism and democratic trends in the development of the Arab world;
- Education, urbanization and the economic foundations of the formation of a revolutionary situation;
- Youth as a factor of destabilization in the Middle East and Central Asia;
- Problems of federalization in the Arab world. Federalism and ethnic and confessional communities of Arab countries;
- Factors of socio-political destabilization in Arab countries after 2011;
- Conflicts in the Middle East and the reconfiguration of the Islamic State (IS)*
- World-System as a new phenomenon and factor in world politics;
- New conflicts in the Middle East and North Africa: their nature, trends and possible political and economic consequences, risks and threats;
- Social network technologies and the revolutionary process in the Arab countries;
- “Arab Spring” as a trigger of the global phase transition of the World-System;
- The political role of Islamic movements in Arab countries: dynamics and trends;
- The protest model of the Arab countries 2011-2012: problems of applicability to other regions of the world;
- The problem of the permissibility of violence against the authorities in the Arab-Muslim political culture.
* The organization is banned on the territory of the Russian Federation.
2. Central Asia and North Caucasus
- Destabilization processes (revolutions, protests, strikes, etc.
- Factors of protest activity in Central Asian countries (subnational, national, regional level);
- Factors of protest activity in the regions of the North Caucasus;
- Transformation of the political regimes of Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan);
- Political elites of the Central Asian States;
- Transformation of regional political regimes in the North Caucasus;
- Political elites of the North Caucasus regions;
- Political processes in the post-Soviet states of Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan).
3. Post-Soviet macroregion
- Nation building in the post-Soviet space;
- Transformations of post-Soviet political regimes (factors, trajectories and patterns);
- Realtion of political and demographic processes in the post-Soviet space;
- Relation of political and socio-economic processes in the post-Soviet space;
- Integration processes in the post-Soviet space;
- Soviet legacy (political institutions, practices) in the post-Soviet space.
4. Sub-Saharan Africa
- Russia-Africa relations;
- Political processes in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Factors destabilizing political regimes in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Radicalization processes in sub-Saharan Africa.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.