Current activities of the Centre are focused on system monitoring and analysis of dynamics of socio-political transformation of countries and regions.
The staff of the Centre carried out the following research projects:
- "Forecasting of Risks and Threats to Stability of Socio-Political Systems” (Korotayev A., Issaev L., Zinkina Y., Shishkina A.);
- “Mathematical Modeling of Global and Regional Dynamics” (Akaev A., Korotayev A., Malkov S., Issaev L.);
- “Monitoring of Risks of Socio-Political Destabilization in Afro-Asiatic Zone of Instability” (Korotayev A., Meshcherina K., Issaev L., Sledzevskiy I., Shishkina A.);
- “Analysis of Socio-Demographic Development of Tropical Africa: Searching for Key Factors of Risk and Modified Governing Parameters for Developing Practical Recommendations on Averting Socio-Demographic Collapse” (Zinkina Y., Korotayev A.);
- “Modeling the Interaction Between Trending and Cyclic Macrodynamics” (Korotayev A., Grinin L., Malkov S.), “Values and Processes of Destabilization and Cross-Cultural Studies” (Korotayev A., Meshcherina K.).
The Centre staff is engaged in research on such issues as political globalization, the World-systematic analysis of global political processes, cycles of global hegemony, the influence of civilizational factors on global political processes, generational, informational and cultural factors of global political processes, zones of regional conflicts.
Both quantitative and qualitative, as well as mixed research methods are used in research. The Centre staff organizes expeditions in order to collect original "field materials”.
To date, the Centre staff is implementing projects dedicated to the possibilities and limits of cooperation between Russia and the countries of the Middle East and Central Asia, mathematical methods of forecasting world’s and countries’ socio-economic development, as well as cross-cultural studies and phase transitions in history.
The Centre publishes the yearbook "System Monitoring of Global and Regional Risks".
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.