Travel grants for scientific events (academic mobility)
Travel grants are allocated for trips to scientific events held on the territory of the Russian Federation, CIS countries and abroad, organized by organizations external to NRU HSE or in which NRU HSE is a co-organizer of the event without funding.
Requirements for applications
- Applications are accepted no later than 45 days before the start of the event. In case of trips across Russia, it is permissible to submit an application no later than 30 days before the start of the event. However, the Scientific Committee asks to submit applications as early as possible, since in some cases the decision-making procedure can take up to two months.
- One grant application from one applicant per calendar year. In exceptional cases, by decision of the scientific commission, two applications may be supported: one application - for a conference in Russia, the other - for a conference abroad.
- No more than five applications can be supported for one event. In exceptional cases, by the decision of the scientific commission, a larger number of applications for significant scientific events can be supported.
Applications are submitted electronically through the applicant's personal account on the HSE portal. Students and graduate students can create a personal account by writing a request for its creation in order to send an application for a travel grant (see Accessing your personal account).
In the case of presentation of a report in co-authorship, the application can be submitted only by one of the co-authors.
Application includes following documents as attachments:
- The text of the report should be at least 2,500 words. The text should approximate a full-text article and include an introduction, a description of the problematic, a literature review, methodology, results and discussion. A report for poster presentations on cognitive psychology is also provided.
- Preliminary program of the event.
- An invitation or other document confirming the applicant's participation in the event with a report, if this is not reflected in the program.
The requested amount of funding should not exceed:
- Asia, North America, Australia, Africa, Latin America - 85,000 rubles
- Europe - 65,000 rubles
- Turkey, Israel - 50,000 rubles
- Russia and CIS countries - 30,000 rubles
Limit rates for reimbursement of housing rental expenses on business trips:
Daily allowance. If you are an employee of the Higher School of Economics, then you must enter the daily allowance. The daily allowance is calculated for all days of the trip, including the day of departure and the day of arrival.
If they are not paid from the funds of the scientific commission, this should be reflected in an additional service note with the visa of the curator of the alternative source of funds.
If you are a student of the HSE, then you do not need to enter the daily allowance, students are not provided with them.
Daily allowance for trips across Russia - 700 rubles a day.
Daily allowance for trips abroad is calculated depending on the country:
Размер суточных в загранкомандировках (DOCX, 25 Кб)
The application contains the amount in rubles, calculated approximately at the current dollar rate.
For foreign trips, the daily allowance for the day of arrival is 700 rubles, regardless of the country.
Upon submitting to the Scientific Committee, application is forwarded to the experts. The expertise takes no more than 10 (ten) working days.
After the examination, with a positive decision of the expert, the application is submitted to the vote of the Scientific Committee.The Secretary of the Scientific Committee notifies the applicants about the decision of the Commission and provides an extract from the protocol for issuing an order.
Business trip documents
For faculty members:
Detailed instructions for arranging a business trip are available on the Human Resources website.
The assignment is signed by the dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences A. Melville.
Data for filling out a memo can be requested from T.N. Timokhina.
For undergraduate and graduate students:
Attention! Travel expenses are reimbursed only after the event.
The secretary of the Scientific Commission provides students and postgraduates with an extract from the protocol confirming the allocation of funds by the Scientific Commission of the FSN.
After that, the student / graduate student applies with an extract and an estimate to T.N. Timokhina. to issue an order.