About the Seminar
The purpose of the seminar is to introduce and refine knowledge of the participants of the seminar through an interdisciplinary scientific discourse, considering the use of the latest research data and modern practical developments in the financial and economic sphere.
Development of the skills of scientific communication, public discussion of the results of their practical activities and research work at its various stages. The purpose of the research seminar is also to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for the implementation of research work in the field of public finance.
The skills gained by the participants at the seminar will be used by them in their own research and practical activities in the field of finance and economics.
- exchange of views between the participants of the seminar on current issues of the domestic economy and the world economy, public finance;
- conducting scientific discussions with the involvement of practitioners and scientific researchers on public finance issues;
- introductioninto current scientific problems in the field of public finance;
- developing students' skills in research work, its planning, implementation, and the justification of scientific conclusions;
- presentation and public discussion of intermediate results of scientific research, approbation of conclusions, working hypotheses presented in the reports of teachers, researchers, graduate students and students;
- preparation by the participants of the seminar of publications in scientific journals on the basis of the reports presented and the discussions heldat the seminars.
Frequency of seminars: Seminars "Modernisation of Public Finance" are held at the University on a regular basis, at least once a month.
Participants of the seminars: graduate students, students, scientific, pedagogical and research staff of the University, experts and practitioners in the field of professional, scientific interests, which include issues related to the modern development of public finance in Russia and the world, public administration and with the economic science in general.
Conducting research seminars "Modernisation of public finance" is a continuation of the work that was started at the university-wide department of public finance at the Higher School of Economics more than 20 years ago.
At the seminar scientists, postgraduates, experts, practitioners from the authorities make reports on economic topics. Upon completion of the speaker's presentation, the participants of the seminar begin a scientific debate, discussing the main theses from the report and the proposals made by the speaker. A further scientific discussion contributes to the search for new approaches to the perception of currenttopics in economics and public finance.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.