The VML Advanced Eye Tracking Workshop
The Vision Modelling Lab (VML) conducted the two-day Eye Tracking Workshop. The workshop covered advanced topics in calibration, pupilometry, microsaccades, saccadic curvature, fixation analyses, spatial and temporal models of fixations and experiment design.
Day 1: October 25 (Thursday), 12pm – 5pm
On the first day, participants were introduced to advanced oculograhphy and analysis techniques including
- gaze contingent eye tracking
- models of fixation
- deep learning
- temporal models with LIF and diffusion
Day 2: October 26 (Friday), 12pm – 5pm
On the second day, the focus was on low-level properties of saccades such as
- microsaccades, curvature, and saccade detection
- gaze event classifier
- advanced calibration techniques
During the workshop, the VML members in collaboration with the Laboratory for Cognitive Research and the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience provided tutorials and gave talks and lectures on following topics:
- Joe MacInnes: Fixations, microsaccades, & saccadic curvature Fixations Curvature Microsaccades.pdf
- Joe MacInnes: Gaze contingent eye tracking and timing GazeContingent.pdf
- Sofia Krasovskaya: Models of fixation Models of fixation.pdf
- Liya Merzon & Georgii Zhulikov: Modeling temporal dynamics of attention with Leaky Integrate-and-Fire model Temporal LIF.pdf
- Liya Merzon: Eye tracking and Open Sesame: practical Eye tracking and Open Sesame.pdf
- Georgii Zhulikov: Gaze event classifier Eye movement classification.pdf
- Elena Gorina: Pupillometry: Psychology, Physiology, & Function pupilometry.pdf
- Lilit Dulyan and Sara Askarova: The IVT algorithm IVT_algorithm.rar
The workshop was held in English.
The event took place at 4/2 Armyanski per., room 202.